Cabinet Replacement Policy
(Before submitting a claim please read the information below.)
No Charge Replacement Policy
There is no charge if the replacement product is an exact item that:
- Was damaged during shipping
- Falls under the CliqStudios.com Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Does not meet CliqStudios.com’s standard for quality manufacturing
CliqStudios.com will be responsible for all shipping costs in the event of a No Charge Replacement order.
Replacement Order Procedures
Please contact CliqStudios.com Customer Service to process all after-sale orders:
Mon – Fri | 8am – 6pm (Central Time)
- All Return & Replacement orders must be authorized by Customer Service
- Product that has been installed is not eligible for return
- Modified product (by CliqStudios.com or Installer) is not eligible for return
- Designer Paint Collection cabinet colors are not eligible for return
- All returned product must be in original packaging
- CliqStudios.com may not ask for product to be returned and for customer to field destroy
- Photographs may be required to process return
Shortage on Delivery. The Delivery Agent AND the customer are responsible for checking delivery and noting any shortages. If an order is found to be incomplete, customer will go to CliqStudios.com Customer Service and order required replacement. The Delivery Agent will note shortage but will not place re-order. A no charge “Rush” replacement order will be processed by Customer Service and will be shipped on the next available truck in the customer’s area.
Freight Damage. Customer is responsible to check order upon receipt to determine if any delivery damage has occurred. In the event of damage, the customer will place a replacement order with CliqStudios.com Customer Service – the delivery agent will make note of damage but will not place order. (If damage is not noted at time of delivery please see Concealed Damage section.) NOTE: Any pictures that can accompany order will help expedite replacement order. Customer Service will determine if item will be returned to CliqStudios.com or field destroyed based on information gathered. CliqStudios.com may require a field inspection of damage before entering a replacement order.
Concealed Damage. Concealed damage is any damage noted after clean delivery has been accepted without any notification of damage. Concealed damage is defined as damage found after cabinetry has been unpacked and delivery agent has departed. Customer will report damage to CliqStudios.com Customer Service for product replacement. Customer has thirty (30) days, from date of delivery, to report concealed damage and receive no charge replacements. We strongly recommend that customer inspect product as soon as possible after delivery, and at least ten (10) days prior to installation.
Defective Product (No Charge Replacement). The customer is responsible for checking order to determine if there is any defective product. Customer will report defects to CliqStudios.com Customer Service for product replacement. Customer has thirty (30) days, from date of delivery, to report defective products. CliqStudios.com may request pictures in lieu of inspection to help expedite replacement order process.
Defective Product Replacement. CliqStudios.com reserves the right to determine the most cost effective and efficient method to correct defective merchandise that does not involve total replacement. Example: replace a door – not the entire cabinet or minor touch-up to the cabinetry. Final adjustments of the doors, hinges and drawers are common and are not considered as defective. Defective cabinets, parts and pieces will be replaced on a “Rush” basis.
Climate Considerations Dry wood undergoes small changes in dimension with normal changes in relative humidity. More humid air will cause slight swelling and drier air will cause slight shrinkage. These changes are not considered defective.CliqStudios.com wood components are dried, stored and assembled in a controlled environment to minimize dimensional changes after the product leaves our factory. This means the moisture content in our product is controlled to work optimally in most US locations. If you install (or store product for an extended time period) in an extremely humid area of the country, or in a building without air-conditioning, you can expect cabinet components to change dimensionally. This change is generally more in width than height. We design our product to accommodate some of this dimensional change and we use state-of-the-art hinges with significant adjustability. The components of mitered doors also change dimensionally, but the full effect is mitigated by the floating center panel design. If you would like to know more about the dimensional changes in wood, please contact CliqStudios.com Customer Service.
Warped Doors There are three reasons why cabinet doors may warp or appear warped:
- Doors may warp a small amount soon after installation because cabinets are taken from a controlled factory environment and placed in a different environment. Warped doors will generally straighten out after a new home (and reconstruction) goes through a complete heating and cooling season. CliqStudios.com requires that doors go through a complete heating and cooling season before replacements are considered. NOTE: A hinge adjustment will improve the fit of the door as the cabinet progresses through a heating and cooling season.
- Improperly installed cabinets can cause doors to appear warped. CliqStudios.com requires that doors be tested for warp before replacements are considered.
- Improperly adjusted hinges can cause doors to appear warped. A hinge adjustment will improve the fit of the door. CliqStudios.com requires the doors be tested for warp before replacements are considered.
The best time to test a door is after a complete heating and cooling season. To test a door, lay the door on a flat surface and measure, to the nearest sixteenth of an inch, the gap between the surface and the door.
|Door Height:||Warped is indicated when:|
|12″ or less||gap is greater than 1/16″|
|13″ to 24″||gap is greater than 1/8″|
|25″ to 41″||gap is greater than 3/16″|
Cabinet Wood Species and Finish Wood is a product of nature. How wood looks and feels is affected by climate, soil nutrients, growing season, season of harvest and age at harvest. Wood contains natural imperfections that are part of its appeal and character. Every piece of wood—even within the same tree—is slightly different in color, texture and grain from every other piece. All wood species and finishes should avoid long term exposure to moisture. Cabinet finish stain & paint also have variations because they are applied to wood products that are not perfectly consistent. NOTE: All veneer wood products react differently to stain or paint process. Applied side panel material (veneer) does not have the same character traits as solid hardwood and may vary in color, graining, sheen and tone depths.
Call toll free:
Customer Service Hours (Central Time)
Design Hours (Central Time)
Mon-Thu 7am-7pm Fri 8am-7pm Sat 9am-5pm (Closed Sundays and Holidays)