How We Build Cabinets
It’s important to understand how cabinets are built in order to evaluate construction specifications across brands. If you have general questions about cabinet construction, we suggest you read the Cabinet Buyers Guide. If you would like to compare CliqStudios construction specifications to a specific brand, please call our Design Studio (888-350-1242). For many brands, we can provide a direct comparison.
Construction Specifications for CliqStudios Cabinetry
- (A) 3/8″ full cabinet-height plywood back panels. This makes cabinets lighter, stronger and easier to install.
- Hardwood door frames and drawer fronts. Raised panel doors with stained finishes are solid hardwood. Raised panels in painted finishes and all flat panels are hand selected, book matched, wood veneer furniture board core to minimize cracking at the joints from normal expansion and contraction.
- (B) 1/2″ plywood fully captured full-depth I-beam construction. This provides exceptional stability during shipping, installation and holding up counter-tops.
- Cabinet interior of 30-gram faux natural birch melamine. This is fully washable and moisture and stain resistant (matching interior is available as an upgrade).
- (C) 1/2″ plywood side panels. Plywood is lighter, stronger and more durable than other wood products such as MDF or particleboard.
- (D) 5/8″ hardwood drawer box sides with dovetail joints and 1/4″ plywood fully captured bottom. The dovetail joint is not only the strongest drawer construction but the most beautiful. Drawers take a beating, and particleboard fastened with staples will not hold up.
- (E) Full-access, undermount (concealed), steel drawer glides provide full access to drawer contents and support up to 70 pounds per drawer.
- (F) 6-way adjustable nickel-plated hardened steel hinge opens to 107° (full-overlay styles); 4-way adjustable inset barrel-reveal hinge (inset style); 4-way adjustable concealed hinge (concealed-hinge inset styles)
- (G) 3/4″ plywood full-depth shelves with 30-gram faux natural birch melamine. Sturdy shelves rated for 15 pounds per square foot resist warping and sagging. Surface is fully washable and moisture and stain resistant. Full-depth shelves provide maximum storage.
- (H) Full-overlay or inset door styles. Partial overlay doors (or Standard Overlay), a materials shortcut, reveal much more of the face frame and do not provide the clean profile of full-overly or inset styles.
- (I) 1/2″ plywood cabinet bottoms and (for wall cabinets) top. Provides strength and durability.
- (J) Quietex soft urethane drawer and door bumpers. Sound dampening bumpers do not compress over time.
- (K) 1/2″ plywood toekick (at the bottom of base and tall cabinets) plywood provides strength and rigidity.
- (L) 3/4″ solid hardwood face frame, glued and double doweled. Adds strength and ensure cabinet frame remains square
- Limited lifetime warranty
- CARB2 and KCMA Certification
Paint and Wood Finishes
For information on our finishing process, paint colors and wood species, see the following: