Kitchen of the Week – Orinda, CA
EDITOR’S NOTE: Welcome to “Kitchen of the Week.” Beyond all of our past work you can view in the photo galleries, we sell dozens and even hundreds of new kitchens every week! With this new series of blog posts, we’re pulling back the curtain to show you some of the most recent and innovative kitchens coming out of our design studios. We want to show off how CliqStudios kitchen designers’ creativity and expertise in practical problem solving can improve every kitchen’s functionality, usefulness, and flow. Check out the high-quality computer renderings and floor plans that help you visualize your new kitchen. You can even download the same, detailed packet of information that every CliqStudios customer receives with each order, so you exactly know what to expect! (names and prices redacted)
Kitchen Design Story
This homeowner is a big fan of the clean lines of mid-century modern design, and wanted to achieve a very sleek look. Nothing too busy or cluttered, yet it had to have immediate
visual appeal. CliqStudios designer Evan took our minimalist, slab door “Style 31” cabinets in our signature paint color Harbor and created this very modern space with a retro vibe.
- Evan incorporated the client’s unique tile and wall color into his design so the client could truly visualize her new kitchen.
- To further clean up the space, per Evan’s suggestion they decided to forgo all upper cabinets.
- Without any upper cabinets, large, deep, full-extension drawers were added throughout the kitchen, giving both a nice, contemporary look without sacrificing any storage.
- Visual clutter is further minimized by “hiding” the oven from the main living area in the kitchen island.
- The dishwasher likewise disappears into the overall design by covering the door with a custom appliance panel.
- The generous pantry next to the fridge adds balance to the design and provides tons of storage for kitchen staples