HGTV’s Kitchen Cousins: Quick, Colorful Kitchen Design
In a recent issue of People magazine, the Kitchen Cousins Anthony Carrino and John Colaneri listed a few of their favorite kitchen items.
The New Jersey duo owns a construction company that remodels East Coast homes featured on HGTV. Most of their projects involve major construction issues, but they have some suggestions for quickly updating your kitchen design. Bstylehome added the resources to find the materials for your update:
1. Add pattern by hanging “roller shades in fun textures and bold patterns.” This is a great tip to add color. That bright yellow green color that is almost neon is big this season.
2. Change a ceramic back splash color by painting with acrylic enamel in a brighter color. Instead of ripping out perfectly good tile, just dial up the color and paint over the ceramic for a completely new look and feel.
3. The cousins like to add patterned plates to shelves in the kitchen for another punch of pattern and color. Check out the seasonal isle at Target for brightly patterned ceramic or plastic plate options. Think about hanging on a back splash or leaning up behind dishes in your open cupboards for some added visual interest.
4. Bold rug patterns add more color and pattern. The Kitchen Cousins look for larger patterns to add scale to the room.
5. Add colorful counter top appliances. Look for your favorite color to add that fun, personal element in a coffee maker, bean grinder, toaster or just about any countertop appliance.
6. Feature accent pieces with bright color.
Adding color can be a quick and optional update if you are feeling tired of the neutral backgrounds at home. Even a bowl of fruit can bring cheer and life back to the heart of the home — our kitchen.