10 Accessories to get the Farmhouse Kitchen look!
Even if you didn’t have grandparents that lived on a farm, the nostalgia of simpler times that the “farmhouse kitchen” evokes feels very warm and inviting! If you’re looking to inject some of that rustic style into your kitchen, here are 10 ways to accessorize your space to get that look!
- Barnyard Animals – Look for tin signs with chickens and pigs; a water pitcher with a rooster on it; a cow-shaped creamer.
- Repurposed clocks – A rusted windmill or a beat up hubcap are easily transformed into clocks with a simple kit from any hobby store.
- Dish towels – Keep an eye out for classic light blue stripes, red-and-white checks, or “flour sack” prints.
- Chicken wire – These accessories can include fruit bowls, baskets, and even paper towel holders.
- Galvanized metal – Napkin holders, storage bins, or a magnetic message board. Bonus if they have rivet accents!
- Rustic pottery – Look for hand-made artisan bowls and jugs at craft fairs and open studio events.
- Bar or counter stools – Metal seating is sturdy and utilitarian. They’re also easy to paint to match your decor or paint using aging technique to give them a ‘beat up’ and used look.
- Edison-style bulbs – Show off these beautifully warm glowing filaments in stylish glass globe fixtures.
- Enameled metal mugs – You may have gone camping with these, but they’re also just as home on the farm!
- Farm sink – The ultimate “farmhouse kitchen” accessory. It takes a little more work, but they truly make a statement!